Note to New Members ×

Sims Carve II 167

johnstewart

Sims Carve II

Overall: 167cm

Waist: 21cm

I can't say much about this board because I never rode it more than once or twice, and in the beginning of my carving career. I found a board I liked better just after I bought it.

I'd hoped it was to be more of an all mountain board, but it's a little stiff for that. I think a decent enough beginner board.

$100 or make me an offer

carve2.jpg

I've no idea what the sidecut is. Doesn't say on the board, and I never turned anything up online in reference. Looks pretty close to the Factory Prime I had sitting next to it.

The bindings are not included, but I'd do a package deal if you want both.

I wanted to get $100 for the board and $50 for the bindings (burton stepins), but I'd do $125 for both.

How much do you weigh and dare I ask the obvious do the bindigns come with it?

Also do you have estimate on shipping to 94806?

J

How much do I weigh? Isn't that a bit personal? =)

No idea on shipping. I'm guessing something on the order of $30 to the continental US via USPS, but I've never actually sent a board before. Anyone know?

How much do I weigh? Isn't that a bit personal? =)

No idea on shipping. I'm guessing something on the order of $30 to the continental US via USPS, but I've never actually sent a board before. Anyone know?

Well, you said it's too stiff for allmtn, just wanted to know if you're a light or heavier rider...oh well, price doubled anyway so I'll have to rethink this.

J

Well, you said it's too stiff for allmtn, just wanted to know if you're a light or heavier rider...oh well, price doubled anyway so I'll have to rethink this.

J

I was probably just over 200lbs last time I rode this, but this was a few seasons ago and I really didn't know squat about how to carve. It does seem to be a little stiff for all mountain, yes.

Sorry about the price doubling. I put 3 boards online last night, and I put the Factory Prime at $50, and meant to put this at $100. Make me an offer, though.

It's in real good shape, though. THe FP has a ptex gouge. Either one a decent board.

I have one of these/I ride it sometimes when the narrow slopes here in the East get very crowded/ I don't do well on a short board at over 6ft tall & 212 lb This one I can ride! Its Very wide for a carve board so it is usable in powder

Great beginner board as well /as the with helps with lower binding angles

Hope this helps!

I was probably just over 200lbs last time I rode this, but this was a few seasons ago and I really didn't know squat about how to carve. It does seem to be a little stiff for all mountain, yes.

Sorry about the price doubling. I put 3 boards online last night, and I put the Factory Prime at $50, and meant to put this at $100. Make me an offer, though.

It's in real good shape, though. THe FP has a ptex gouge. Either one a decent board.

It would be my first carve deck...I could do 100 shipped. That's why I was interested to start with. I'll have to see if the bindigns I may get will fit on the FP...if so I could do that instead.

J

Just put a tape on mine as it was sitting here in front of me!!!

nose----10 7/16

waist-- 8 1/4

tale---10 1/8

When laid on its edge on a flat surface high point contact point to point is 58.5 inches at the waist 1 1/16 space

??????????? hope this helps a-little

• 1 year later...

and used it for when there was new snow that had been tracked up on top of groomed.A situation that didn't suit my narrower boards.I find it to be easy and forgiving to ride but not snappy or energetic enough to push my limits on.Not bad in soft snow and agreed that it would make a great first carver for the right sized rider to develop skills with.Well worth the dough imho.