Note to New Members ×

want to demo or rent gear at steamboat

rschneid

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can demo or rent an alpine setup at Steamboat? I live and work in Germantown MD - there is as far as I can tell no place anywhere near me that demos or rents this stuff. I am setting up a trip for my family April 1 thru April 8. I can't reasonably re-direct the whole trip to some resort that has alpine demos or rentals. I have tried searching the boards, and I have tried a few calls to the obvious places and nothing has worked so far. Seems :( like this really is a small segment of the boarding population. I took a great lesson in carving and would like to try some equipment out to rent or buy etc.. It looks like I have to take a great leap of faith and just but the whole works from Bomber.

Anyone have any suggestions or advice.

Rich S.

rschneid,

Actually, if you are going to Steamboat and driving from Denver airport you will drive right past our shop in Silverthorne. We can schedual the time to have you come by and have the gear all ready for you. Probably take an hour at most.

We have over 30 demo boards and every size boot possible for demo. As well as TD2 bindings and X-Bones for rent. E-mail us to set up a time and date and we'll go from there.

One of the reasons that my family picked Steamboat is that we could fly all the way there. No long drives. So currently we are scheduled all the way into HDN airport (I think/hope) that this is Steamboat. So I don't think the stop in Silverthorne is going to work. But we are still working to put it all together. I have 2 skiers and 3 boarders in the family. Well see. I may end up buying from you guys blindly - certainly not ideal, but there may be no good alternative.

rschneid,

Well, we are about 1.5 hours from Steamboat, so you could make a "long morning" out of it and come on over and we could set you up. But totally understand that this is a vacation so time is important.

If you do want to talk about new gear please drop myself or Michelle a line at the below number and we can get you going with pretty good confidence.