Note to New Members ×

Question about Burton bindings

skategoat

I bought two pairs of used Burton race plates and each pair has the rubber pad set up a different way.

The one on the left is set up the way I would expect - with the pad underneath the plate.

The one on the right has the pad upside-down, sandwiched between the base plate and the toe and heel pads.

PICT2454.JPG?imgmax=640

Which is correct?

Also, did each set of bindings ship originally with a single cant plate? What's the intent - a toe rise on the front foot or heel riser on the back foot?

I bought two pairs of used Burton race plates and each pair has the rubber pad set up a different way.

The one on the left is set up the way I would expect - with the pad underneath the plate.

The one on the right has the pad upside-down, sandwiched between the base plate and the toe and heel pads.

PICT2454.JPG?imgmax=640

Which is correct?

Also, did each set of bindings ship originally with a single cant plate? What's the intent - a toe rise on the front foot or heel riser on the back foot?

Skategoat , I have seen many variations. I do not recall one in which the rubber is sandwiched in between the upper plate and the steel plate? It would not be good to have the steel against the board top sheet. Off hand , it sounds like a mistaken application. Rubber should be against the board. The two bindings you have may also just be different.

Typically , one 7 degree cant came in the box (3D). One of the reasons the 4 hole cants are so rare? , they were a short lived accessory compared to the Burton 3D, you could use it anywhere you like. Most used it on the back foot.

post-198-141842227225_thumb.jpg