Note to New Members ×

Mammoth on 1-20-2007

Bullwings

anyone going to be there?

i think it's only going to be one day, for lame reasons, but i have free lodging, so no complaints there.

thinking of trying out the donek fc 171 for the first time, i figure the larger runs will be much more forgiving and allow me to really move around and try things.

i'm hoping for snow till wednesday or something, and then no snow for the rest of the week so it'll be harder packed. heh, i actually don't want powder :smashfrea

I'll probably be there. A number of other people mentioned that they will be there too. (Ray, Frank, Bob?)

A word of advice: stay on the main groomed runs if you care about that FC171 (I sure would :), awesome board!). Coverage is pretty good on the big runs near main lodge, not so much on the less travelled trails near Canyon and Eagle.

D-Sub go enroll as a college student at one of the local mammoth colleges (probably only one...). they get lift tickets for $5 according a few of the students i've talked to while on the lift.

as for runs, i'm mainly looking at stump alley, broadway, st. anton's (one of my favorite runs there), saddle bowl and a few others.

think i'll be able to use that FCI 171 for the whole day? or probably be prepared to switch to my atv mid-day around lunch?

D-Sub go enroll as a college student at one of the local mammoth colleges

there's a college in mammoth?

sadly, that would be dishonest even if there were. I just think that unless I stick around and buy a pass next season, mammoth will no longer get any of my money.

It amazes me that the lifts can be so crowded. How the hell can families afford going there?

well, i always figured people on the slopes had some kind of money in their pockets.

this isn't like basket ball where courts are provided, and only one person needs to bring a ball.

i think i just might buy one of those silver passes with the holiday block they kept offering in october. with prices like they are, you'd only have to put 10 days on the slope to get your money's worth out of that thing.

that's actually the other thing, i go to mammoth to get away from teh crowds. mt. high and snow summit -- those are crowded mountains. i don't think i've ever considered mammoth crowded.

you've never been there at the "right" time then, brah. I've come down stump ("lemming") alley and seen what I thought was some sort of rock concert or something the lines were so long.

passes are no longer on sale. Silver or midweek are definitely good deals. I, unfortunately, am incapable of planning ahead and executing that plan.

I dont think there's a college in mammoth though...EDIT: WRONG

http://www.cerrocoso.edu/escc/mammoth/address.htm