Note to New Members ×

WTB/trade for Freeride board

big canuck

I'm pretty stocked up in the Alpine end of things and need a freeride board. Looking for something close to a Prior ATV in the 167 length but open to options. Is there a borad out there you can use plate and soft boot bindings on?

If you're interested in trading let me know what you're after and I'll see what I got that I might let go. thx

Guest mbsurfer

I have a 05/06 Burton Raven 166. It pretty stiff for a non-alpine board, bought it for all-mountain riding. Used it only a few days, it's in almost perfect condition. I used plates, have seen others use soft boots.

I'll sell outright or perhaps consider a trade. Looking for a long carver for those hard-pack days.

Burton's description of the Raven:

Driven by Keir Dillon, Kelly Clark and Freddie Kalbermatten, the Raven™ is the all-terrain freestyle board of choice for charging transitions and backcountry lines full-speed. Redesigned in 06 for a more playful feel, we’ve made the Raven slightly softer with less bite for improved stompability in any snow condition. For monstrous pop we mold the directional core into a twin-like shape for the absolute best handling both regular and switch. Designed with freeride roots, we’ve made the boards progressively wider as they get longer to deliver the appropriate waist width for deep-snow performance.

Graphic Tech

We teamed up with artist PACT to create currency notes for the Raven’s topsheet, utilizing the stunning realism of high-definition printing.

Features:

• Sintered Base
  • Super Fly II™ Core
  • Dualzone™ EGD™
  • Lite Triax™ Fiberglass
  • Infinite Ride®
  • Pro-Tip™
  • Negative Core Profile

Feel: 8

post-176-141842225306_thumb.jpg

Guest mbsurfer

Sorry for the delay, been away for a few days. Here are pictures of base and top-sheet. Not sure the pics are of highest quality. If you can't see what you want, let me know and I'll retry. Better yet, if you prefer I can e-mail the originals (before compression to allow posting here).

There is one small indentation on the bottom, less than an inch long and microscopically deep. A good waxing will fill it in (no p-tex needed).

The top shows slight markings from the bindings, other wise there is not a nick on them.

post-176-141842227117_thumb.jpg

post-176-141842227118_thumb.jpg

post-176-141842227119_thumb.jpg

Hello Big Canuk,

Sounds like the snow is excellent in the Banff area--good season for a fatter freeride deck.

I've a Burton Cascade 173 that might fill the bill. It is in as-new condition (3 hours of riding total). Base and edges in outstanding condition. No binding scuffs, but a few faint scuffs and scratches from storage/moving.

2e3wjgz.jpg332xc0o.jpg

I'm looking to get $215, which is what I paid for it. Shipping would be an extra $25 or so to Canada.