Note to New Members ×

Blue Mtn. Season II

JBS

Big Blue opened (again) today! If the weather holds up I'll be out early this Saturday. Temps starting next week look very promising for a real start to winter! So much for preseason conditioning, my legs have a long way to catch up to my stoke. I have a new addition to the old quiver that has yet to see snow, that will change soon. I hope to see some fellow carvers out on the hill....

Jesse

High in the 20's this weekend and 24hr snowmaking until friday; looks good to me. Blue's been pumping out snow on Razor's and RaceWay (come on NASTAR). Will be taking out the 10 year old (boy, not board) this Saturday for his first lessons of the year. So no real free riding for me on Saturday, but Sunday should be wide open. Me thinks the new kid may make his first real appearance on this weekend: ....Coiler....RCII 180 Coiler, that is :D

See you on the snow

Jesse

Voy

Saturday and sunday were good until the herd showed up and scraped all of the decent snow off to boiler plate. If you are going at night, it should be boilerplate, unless temps get high enough for it to loosen up.

The whole mtn is not open yet, but they were blowing snow and I would guess they will be completely open for the weekend.

Heading up tuesday morning and probably a couple other days. Can give you an update later int he week.

Greg

Stopped by for about an hour today 2-3 pm. slightly scraped with small loose piles on slopes. Rode main street. Not hero snow, but it'll do. good for open arced turns, but no extreme carving, too many patches of boilerplate.

Razor and challenge should be open by saturday.

got there around 4:00pm and rode until about 9:30pm. Later temps dropped quickly and it got windy. tons of kids on snowboards just straight lining it. Do not recall the runs but they were fine as you said large arched turns. I ran into a Korean riding plates on an Alp 63. Said he learned to ride in Korea. I am not sure he understood me. also ran into college kid on a proto. she said she races for her college. some kid in the lift line asked me if i was on an alpine board. It is a volkl cross with lift plates. i was in soft boot but ride with front and back both at 45. His comment was how do you ride like that. he did say that he ravces alpine as well. i think he was with the college kid.

Not a whole lot open but that had tons of guns going and probally will have most open by the weekend

Cold, brutally windy (to the poiunt of freezing spit in the corners of my mouth) and hard pack cord.

Top of Razor was a bit blind and trecherous (sp), but after first headwall, behind trees was good (no wind). Mid to lower Razor was nice. Open carving, had the slope to myself for about the first hour of the day. Bottom of mountain windy.

Mainstreet closed at top for snow making.

Hope to be out Tuesday Morning.

I thought conditions were pretty good this weekend. It was great to finally be riding on Razor again. I'm starting to get the hang of the new board and all I can say is that mother has some teeth! Snapping from turn to turn to turn- bring it on!

Depends on the weather, but I should be out by my lonesome this Saturday and Sunday. Hope to see some other carvers out and about. Chubz did you get a chance to ride 7springs ?

Still abit tight from the death cookie incident, but I will be out Sat and sun. I hope MAC tracks went well for you JBS.

Anyone know if ski team is taking Razor first thing or are they giving us some time before they steal it away.

I'll check back later.

Greg

I was out this morning.

Windy

Bitter

3-4" of packed groomed powder (west coast type snow)

Hero snow in certain areas Main street was epic. threw down a few sets of EC turns. first time I have done that. :biggthump

Too bad the groomers dont ride and know enough that those 2-3" ridges from each grooming pass wreak havoc for carvers. Undulating the whole way across Razors and Challenge. Real fun in the shadows. Even when the sun hit it, still too many ridges to wrestle with. :mad:

I dont know if there is anything we can do as riders to request better grooming, but if groomers cant make it seamless after a decent snowfall ,there is little hope. :confused:

Have Big Daddy from RT give those ding dongs a call. :smashfrea

Just in time for the ski team to have it. HAd the Coiler out today. It isnt one for the faint hearted. Stiff as hell and doesnt want to be babied. Either you commit fully to the thing or it will buck you off. Wasnt too swift in those little rollers, but on the smooth stuff on Mainstreet, doing 4-5 linked laid out euro carves. Wish that mogul field wasnt there.

I will be back out Friday. Let you know how it goes.

Trux

Out this morning on the POGO. Made my head swell. Cant get over how well that little beast runs.

No more Coiler, putting it up for sale.

crowded by 10:30

Mainstreet was killer

Razor was truly a sheet of ice at top due to wind scour(sp?) but nice at the bottom. Falls was smooth and Challenge looked smooth.

Almost t-boned by an idiot video taping while he was skiing down the hill. Suprising ly I refrained from not verbally laying into him. Saw him out of the corner of my eye laying into a toeside and pulled up just in time not to get hit by him.

Should be out in the morning.

Dress warm, the wind has been brutal.

Greg