Note to New Members ×

New to forum, board advice needed!!

jl1

Hi everyone, new to forum, looking to buy a new board and need advice/input and this looks like the place to get it. I am 42years old(Yikes) and have been snow boarding for 10-11 years. I have had a hard boot set up for about 8 years but only ride it about 30 percent of the time. It is a Burton Alp 169 with Burton step in bindings and I have a pair of Raichle 124 or 724 boots(I know its one or the other can't put my hands on them at the moment). I am looking to buy new board and bindings. Leaning toward Donek Freecarve 175 or Blade and a pair of Catek OS2's. I am not interested in racing and do not have to go real fast(I don't bounce as good as I used to), just want to cruise groomers and lay out some really nice carves. With my current set up I start to skid on steep blues and blacks just to give a heads up on my ability. I live and ride in PA mostly and hit Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine several times a season with an occasional trip to CO every few years. All input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Oh, 6'1" 210lbs