Note to New Members ×

carving video circa 1995

caspercarver

the video was in color but the only color you could see was dark green and white with almost no definition. the only way i could add any detail was to use a negitive acid video effect. also lost a lot of detail going from old vhs tape to mpeg2 and then wmv to upload to google. my style is better but i am still using old technology. my present board is a F2 wc beamer which i love but i know it's ancient. looking to upgrade but can't decide what too chose. cheers

Cool, good carving . Heel rips, toe side is pretty "Euro" but, hey that was the way for most back then. Love to see it without the "Effects".

Perhaps another version without the art?

Do a "Highlights" version for the Google short attention span theater?

Welcome to BOL old timer!! 44 yet?

Shows three posts, but search only shows this one?

Nice vid. Casper is great for carving!!

hey guy where have you been?? :rolleyes: ...for the past 6 years I've been to JH for a week vacation every February. My brother lives in "East Jackson" and works for TGT Stickers. In all my trips, I've maybe seen one or two other harbooters at the Village ever!!

I like the "artification" factor. Kind of helps focus on the acutal technique vs. all the surroundings, etc.

Seems to me a nice blend of norm and euro w/ more norm toward the end of the flick (esp. toe side).

I especially like the "3-point" hat .... ahh memories........ and towards the end I dig the 2 skiers gawking at you - priceless.

Props!!

Nice vid. Casper is great for carving!!

hey guy where have you been?? :rolleyes: ...for the past 6 years I've been to JH for a week vacation every February. My brother lives in "East Jackson" and works for TGT Stickers. In all my trips, I've maybe seen one or two other harbooters at the Village ever!!

a few years back, i got old, hurt my back, got fat and quit boarding. this summer i got back in shape and lost seventy lbs. and bought a pass to the village. i'm back! i have seen maybe one or two hardbooters a year and they usually end on casper lift. usually when i caught up with them, they would be visiting from europe or back east. "liftline" run has the best grooming and fall line etc... we are only at 85% of normal snowpack so far this year, so conditions are not great. i had three real good days before the holidays and plan to be out there whenever conditions are good. glad you liked the video. email me when your coming and i will try to let you know conditions etc...