Note to New Members ×

snowshoe

Recon

Doh, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier... with christmas and such it's been a little too hectic to do any boarding.

I *think* I'll be up at Snowshoe this weekend. I should be there saturday/sunday/part of monday. If you're on an FRS radio, we'll be on channel 7-11, give WRXRacer a holler and someone will answer back.

Hit Silvercreek and you'll probably see me, chrome/orange helmet, red/black Sims Burner. My brother will be on an all-white Hot Blast. Keep your eye out for deep trenches :) The Burner's split-tail leaves a little rooster tail of snow as it transitions edge to edge, so if you spot any trenches with a little ridge of snow right in the middle of where the board would ride in transition... those are mine :)

I'll definitely be up at Snowshoe on Jan 5-7, riding saturday and sunday of that weekend.

well... I was up there saturday-sunday-monday. Saturday was decent, a little crowded and a bit lumpy. We went out in the afternoon and once it softened up a bit, you could crank some turns pretty well. I did however find a way to mix flat-light and the trough from a just-removed race course... which resulted in me getting chucked completely blind, and coming down on my helmet and shoulder first. Oww.

Sunday was warm, a little rainy and more crowded. Slaloming people was fairly entertaining, albeit a bit hairy at times. Monday... it was so warm and all of us were pretty beat, so we just headed home that morning. I'll be back up there this weekend riding saturday and sunday teaching my nephews. Hopefully there will still be snow, but the Mid-atlantic is getting pretty beat up with all this warm weather and rain. The flowers around my house are starting to bloom!

The conditions look to be nil tomorrow (Sat). We left this morning after a few runs in the rain, made soley on principle, albeit only at Silvercreek.

Tuesday was a great day, getting some fresh Monday night. Not to bad at all really. Actually, I really feel like I had the best the _entire_ eastcoast had to offer that day. :)

Thursday, the one day we did Snowshoe, Ball Hooter was closed, but enjoyed Skip Jack, Grabhammer, and...ahother blue over there I think. Did Hootenanny and Flume for yucks...and it was _nuts_ trying to avoid the mob. In that area a friend of mine said he heard a ski patroller commenting to another about a HBer. A pitty I was too busy crashing at the Hootenanny/Flume intersection to notice. :D Lots of rocks all over though. :angryfire Made me really glad I had gotten a used rather than new Axis though.

We spent all but Thursday at SilverCreek, with Slaymaker/Spur and Fox Chase being our primaries. Missed Cascade when it was open Wed. night.

Ridgewood wasn't a half bad place to stay at all. Glad there was only three of us though; would have certainly been cramped with four of us.

Great trip all things eastcost considered. Looking forward to MtHood /somewhereoutwest next year! :biggthump

I thank you guys for the Snowshoe update/ I heve been waiting for it to get better! Looks like Snow up there mid week! Im going to head up & ride thur & fri. Im at Shamrock .

Too many people on to few slopes to go on the weekend! :barf:

I need to start going to get my Moneys worth from this seasons pass!

Also I need to get some warm-up runs in before SES !

SO-COME-ON-SNOW!

Are you guys going to SES ???

((((G))))

Just got back from 'shoe...

Warm weather, a little rainy at points. Kinda chopped up and a little lumpy, but it was reasonably soft throughout the weekend which was good for my nephews. Got to play around on my new-to-me Burton Coil 173. First thing I can say about the board is that I absolutely HATE the Burton Race whatever bindings that came on it... adjustments are a pain in the neck and I despise the "3D" mounting system. The bindings themselves are nowhere near as stiff as the Sims or Snowpro bindings I've used before. The board itself is fun, I'm relearning how to ride on it! I can lay out toeside EC's pretty comfortably, having a hard time getting low on my heelside without chattering the tail loose. I can lean it over fairly hard staying in a crouched racecarve, but I haven't figure out how to stretch out on a heelside carve and hang onto it. Any ECers have any suggestions?

Today makes I think 6 days on my season pass... I'm not sure how much more I'll be riding, between the weather and car-racing season coming up in a hurry.

I had a 173 coil/ it was too soft for me/ im 200lb's if you put to much pressure on it the edge would slip in a even in somewhat soft snow/ on ice forget it ! The only way I could get it to perform was to load the tale/ moving the rear binding back as far as it would go/ Then spreading my stance wide to stiffen the board !!!!!!! I think It would be great below 150 lb's !!!

Im at snowshoe wed night/ ridding thur & fri depending on shape of the slopes! Hope to see you carvers up there sometime/ carvers are rare there! The bar tender at the Red Fox is a carver!

Ride on ((((G)))

Thur. Jan 11 Th

Snowshoe mountain ! Rode today at (Silver-creek) It was a BLUE-BIRD day/ sun was bright / sky was clear! I was optimistic today/ walked on to the slope with my free-carve 179 / Thinking in my mind( this is a mistake) I souled be on my 167

My first day on the snow/ for that matter to even see snow/ knowing the conditions are marginal at best & I take a long board ! WELL It worked out fine/ surprisingly I was back in the saddle in no time!hoooooooo FEEL'S SOOOOO GOOD !

Cascade was not fit for carving to day! But the 2 on ether side were great!!

no bare spots / no crowds / awesome groom! 5 hrs latter I'm shot! but its a sweet pain! I did make a few runs on a Renn Tiger 183/ I bought this board used/ was itching to try it! It was Sweet/very smooth/ very stable! looks like the beginning of a luv affair/ its definitely going to SES with me ! One more day here/ it may rain on Friday! Weekend for sure! I don't like to ride weekends any way/ too many people !

Warning when snowshoe advertises conditions up here /I automatically reduce by 30% keep that in mind !!!

BUT TODAY WAS AWESOME! Finished the day off with Hot-tub & a beer!

Life is good ! I was sooooooo desperate for snow I was ready to ride the frost in the yard in the mornings !!!

Friday AM woke up to rain! going to rain all weekend /made a few runs on a 167 carve board at silver creek

Then a few runs on a Free ride board over at Snowshoe! I like my free ride boards

but only on Powder days ! For me ridding a free ride stick on hard pack is anticlimactic After you have tasted the feel of carving a deep trench in the snow,Thigh's tense & burning/feeling the Power of the G-force trying to push your pelvis to your shoulders/ you can never go back !!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was there last friday thru sunday.... shame ya missed it, Sunday, boottop deep pow on widowmaker at rope-drop, then slid on over to slaymaker for more of the deep stuff, choker had fab hits under the lift for hours... and heck, friday night at the creek and sat at shoe were pretty nice too, shame it was my last trip of the season

for pics check out the skinorthcarolina.com forum... there was a cool TR with pics, epic days at the shoe