Note to New Members ×

Need suggestions for my next board.

kmagvette

I'm in western NY and the only hardbotter I know of around here, so I need your help.

My first and current board is a Burtom Factory Prime 151 190's. I am 5'9", 185 lbs. I can carve it on moderate terrain but would like added length for stability. I like the soft flex of the board and the short turning radius works well on our narrow slopes. I am looking for something in the 164 range.

I did try an Oxygen Limited 171. I found that to be too much of a GS board for my needs and a bit stiff as well.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Thanks Jim,

I ride at Bristol Mt and Swain. The only time I see others on alpine boards is when Cleveland Metro comes racing. I have entered a few of their races and did OK. I have trouble on my 151 when the speeds start getting higher - it gets twitchy. To prove I don't know squat about boards, is Madds the manufacturer? I will look around.

Make sure to get the Madd158 STIFF, thats the board you want. I'm in Cleveland and have the 170 and180 and they work great all around,crowds or not.

I assume you mean the Alp 158. I see it comes in three flavors f1, f2, f3. Any idea what these mean. Also, $850 will leave quite a mark. In addition to the boarding, I race on two sticks, multiple disciplines. The equipment expense gets kinda crazy after a while.

Any suggestions for older or used boards?

Your current Burton FP is a 151cm? I bet you can bend it well, not made for an adult your size.

Check out: Quiver clearance(Oxygen, Rossi) in the for sale forum. The 172cm Oxygen Proton is a great board, but maybe too much like the 171cm that you already rode. The 160cm Rossi should bend well and it is almost new.

Keep an eye out for a Burton Ultra Prime in the mid-high 160's. Try out the Advanced Search function up above.

168 UP, maybe still for sale? Email him direct by clicking on his name, then send email through BOL

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=9520&highlight=Ultra+Prime

--Hugh

The Madd is a great board. But if your looking to save some funds

there is a sweet Volkl 163 Renntiger SL on Ebay and the starting bid

is $20.00. The Renntigers side cut is 9.15 and will make a great small

mountain carving machine.

Have a good one

Alex