Note to New Members ×

Mountain Creek opening this weekend 12/16

jtslalom

Well the MC website says they will be opened this weekend at south. They will have the racing trail opened and one trail from the top of south peak. If you plan on going, get there by 8:00 A.M. I'm sure it will be a ZOO. DO NOT bring your brand new boards. The base will be REAL THIN. They haven't blown snow since last week and the forecast calls for warm weather right through the weekend. Its possible they might make snow on Saturday night. Next week around mid-week is suppose to be cold. Accuweather says a nice cold front will be in place for a while so MC we be able to eventually make good snow. See you all on Saturday morning. I''ll be there maybe until 9:00 - 9:30 for a few runs. Hope to see some carvers.

I just went passed the slopes around 4:30 p.m. The bottom of the racing trail by the lift is very narrow. It doesn't look like alot of people can get by at one time. They probably will push some snow around tonight when it hardens. The trail from the top of the south peak doesn't look that good either. Tonights low temp will be around 35 deg. Hopefully things will harden tonight to make for a few good runs first thing in the morning. Maybe I will see you there Eric. For all the rest, have fun.