Note to New Members ×

Bachelor Info

Bob W

My experience from visiting:

Riverhouse: Good location in Bend. Nice place. Not too expensive.

Inn of the 7th Mountain: Closer to Bachelor, further from downtown. Very nice (more like suites/condo than hotel). Good pool, hot tub and even a mini-spa if you want a massage.

Mike T's House: Cheapest digs going but looking at all the boards hanging on the wall will make it expensive because within days of your stay you'll find yourself compelled to order a new board. No hot tub or massage (but I bet his kid would jump up and down on your back for a quarter). Actually I've never stayed with Mike in Bend, just at the place he used to live near Hood (Sandy?).

Go to the Deschutes Brewery and try to track down Doug Dryer for 1) a lesson/mountain tour and 2) a tour of his quiver.

My experience from visiting:

Riverhouse: Good location in Bend. Nice place. Not too expensive.

Inn of the 7th Mountain: Closer to Bachelor, further from downtown. Very nice (more like suites/condo than hotel). Good pool, hot tub and even a mini-spa if you want a massage.

Mike T's House: Cheapest digs going but looking at all the boards hanging on the wall will make it expensive because within days of your stay you'll find yourself compelled to order a new board. No hot tub or massage (but I bet his kid would jump up and down on your back for a quarter). Actually I've never stayed with Mike in Bend, just at the place he used to live near Hood (Sandy?).

Go to the Deschutes Brewery and try to track down Doug Dryer for 1) a lesson/mountain tour and 2) a tour of his quiver.

Yep, Sinecure pretty much nailed it. We used to stay at the Riverhouse before we moved here. I stayed at 7th mountain about 10 years ago and that was nice too.

Get a pint of Jubelale on nitro at Deschutes Brewery. Absolutely yummy winter ale and IMHO better on nitro than CO2.

Drop me a line when you're here, hopefully we can hook up and ride. There's a healthy population of carvers here.

If you're looking for a lesson you've got a couple of choices: Doug Dryer and Don Richter, who can be reached through the Instructor Search links here on BOL.

Bachelor opens at 8am throughout the holidays - get there early and carve it up before the crowds arrive at 10:30 and then grab an AM stick for some off-piste excursions away from the crowds.