Note to New Members ×

Am I wasting my money with an alpine board?

MUD

They have to be the stiffest most unforgiving bindings out there. ignore the naysayers and go to a softer binding like a burton or an f2. the suspension kit for a set of td2 wouldn't be bad either. I would also recomend a custom board.

I had an all mountain board made for me by garage that is nice and wide its roots are in racing so the geometry carves well. I had them put in an extra layer of carbon to stiffen it up and honestly its the best carver that I own. I ride it with both plates and softies depending on the mood I am in. I can hook you up with the boardmaster from garage if you want.

When riding my pow board 25 cm in waist I changed from stiff Race Intecs to plastic base F2 INTEC RS. It meant tons for balance. They have a lateral flex which I find necessery to be able ride in comfort. On my carving deck I ride with 57/63 so I need lateral stiff bindings (TD2s). But on a wide board with less angle say 40/45 it´s´more of a toe/heel thing so the RS are superb. Step in but not stiff in....