Note to New Members ×

Cold weather is coming

jtslalom

The forecast for Vernon NJ (Mountain Creek) for next week is cold weather. The highs won't get out of the 30's and the lows as cold as the teens. I talked with a pal from Mountain Creek and he said that snow blowing could start as early as Monday night. I will update the snow blowing every couple of days but don't be surprised to see Bear Peak opening next weekend (December 9). Hope for snow and cold temps.

Guest Hopscotch

I just recieved an email from Blue mt ski area. Their projected date could be as early as friday 12/8/06. :biggthump

ps. They already have a couple inches of snow already... and it's going to be cold all week.

Mountain Creek is blowing snow on Bear peak, South Summit, and Vernon peak. It looks like there is snow on the racing trail and kamakaze. On the south peak it looks like the trail to the far left going up the chair and a few of the trails towards the bottom. The have been blowing snow since early evening last night and haven't stopped since. I think they are planning to open this weekend. This weeks forecast calls for good night time temps but the days temps will probably be above freezing. Snow making will probably be reserved just for the night throughout the rest of the week.

SUUUUUUWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!

I just felt something move in my pants upon reading this.

Anyway - JT do you know of anyone that still needs to buy a Creek pass. I'm trying to get the group discount thing as I missed the PBA deal that you mentioned a while back.

It is snowing in Vernon right now (7:00 P.M. Thursday) The snow making will resume tonight and probably through tomorrow and tomorrow night. The temps are suppose to be below freezing for the next 36 hours. I also saw on the mountain creek website that they may not open this weekend. I will talk to a friend tomorrow who will find out for sure and I will post tomorrow. I will also stop there tomorrow to pick up my daughters pass. Since she is under 6 she gets a free one.

Mountain Creek will NOT open this weekend. It seems that the warm weather on Wednesday caused MC to shut down their snow blowing. Since they weren't able to turn them back on until Thursday night, they didn't get enough snow on the slopes to open. This is the news that I heard. They are going to shoot for next weekend although there doesn't seem to be alot of cold weather coming next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.