Note to New Members ×

Seized Bolt - stripped insert

jjfarbs

Not sure what type of bolts are used on the base plate, because I don't use those bindings. But If they are not flush with the plate, and the head is raised above. You can take a grinder with a four inch thin metal cutting wheel, and make a new single groove across the top of the screw. At which point a large flat head screwdriver may have enough bite to turn the screw.

the only other way I could think of is to take a drill, and drill out the screw, but you would have to be very careful not to damage the insert.

Help - I have a seized bolt and while trying to get it out i of course stripped the top of the screw. Bolt is one on the heel TD1 Step In that connects to the base plate. Soaked in grease etc.. still nothing.

How do I get the #@$%#$ :angryfire thing out?

If it's only one of the bolts then completly remove the other one and rotate the heel receiver ro remove the bolt. Once you get it out, throw that sucker away and get a new M8 bolt.