Note to New Members ×

Aspiring Canadian girl carver needs help ...

Allee

Hi Allee,

I quoted you on my website, there's a page with quotes about what freecarving feels like. I got the other quotes because I asked for them in another thread but just added yours without asking, hope that's okay ...

There's a link to the quotes page on the "Facts" page at http://stoked.at

Bernhard

info@stoked.at

Allee

Your equipment is as important as technique. You will have better success euro carving if you have the right equipment and setup to begin with. I would recomend you look into a Prior 165 world cup or maybe a little shorter for you height and weight. Coiler, and Donek make similar boards of equal quality. I have older Oxygen race boards which work also but lose the Hots, Burton, Rossi etc they are all to soft outa the box and go flat way to soon not worth the money

absolutely mount bomber trench digger 2 bindings with your binding toe and heel 1/4" in from the edge toward center line of the board.

I have ridden all the rest and they are all junk compared to Bomber. no I do not work for bomber but I am a Professional Ski Patroler and ride every day in mine with out any equipment failure problems and the positive feel you get in Bombers is unsurpassed

Next you can not euro carve on flats or going slow !!!!!!! especially starting out.

As long as you are comfortable controlling your board when you lose it once in a while by pulling out and sliding to a stop.... go out on a wide groomed steeper trail that is not crowded and try laying out one turn until you can make it work. another hint your shoulders should favor facing the fall line not parallel or perpendicular to the board!! Keep your hands out in front of you and that helps with angulation. Oh as stated above a qualified instructor can help you refine all of this.

NEAL

Originally posted by ALPINE

Allee

Your equipment is as important as technique. You will have better success euro carving if you have the right equipment and setup to begin with. I would recomend you look into a Prior 165 world cup or maybe a little shorter for you height and weight. Coiler, and Donek make similar boards of equal quality. I have older Oxygen race boards which work also but lose the Hots, Burton, Rossi etc they are all to soft outa the box and go flat way to soon not worth the money

absolutely mount bomber trench digger 2 bindings with your binding toe and heel 1/4" in from the edge toward center line of the board.

I have ridden all the rest and they are all junk compared to Bomber. no I do not work for bomber but I am a Professional Ski Patroler and ride every day in mine with out any equipment failure problems and the positive feel you get in Bombers is unsurpassed

Next you can not euro carve on flats or going slow !!!!!!! especially starting out.

As long as you are comfortable controlling your board when you lose it once in a while by pulling out and sliding to a stop.... go out on a wide groomed steeper trail that is not crowded and try laying out one turn until you can make it work. another hint your shoulders should favor facing the fall line not parallel or perpendicular to the board!! Keep your hands out in front of you and that helps with angulation. Oh as stated above a qualified instructor can help you refine all of this.

NEAL

Erm ALPINE Easy there muscles a little heavy handed on the reply, What Allee needs to do is figure out her own technique as far as euro goes and just cause you don't prefer a board don't mean it aint right fer her. Allee in general these guys realy know their shiznet. My advice to you is find the best rider you can and try to emulate them ( ride with them and learn) follow tracks etc etc.

Mike

I think what I need is a long hot shower. Spent the day at Nakiska, sucked in the new boots, crashed spectacularly under the chairlift and now I hurt all over.

High point of the day - my toeside carve rocks. My heelside is UGGGLEE.

Bring on next weekend!

:)