Note to New Members ×

Catek WC Short plates

dirk109

Doesn't the short plate also have a smaller weight tolerance as well. Larger footed people generally are heavier. So the long plate is made to take more weight and a bigger foot. You may be able to shoe-horn your 29's in but the binding is not made for your possible extra weight.

I might be wrong, but I thought that is what the Catek site said. Wouldn't want people busting out at the wrong time (is there is ever a right time to bust out?)

D. :biggthump

Doesn't the short plate also have a smaller weight tolerance as well. Larger footed people generally are heavier. So the long plate is made to take more weight and a bigger foot. You may be able to shoe-horn your 29's in but the binding is not made for your possible extra weight.

I might be wrong, but I thought that is what the Catek site said. Wouldn't want people busting out at the wrong time (is there is ever a right time to bust out?)

D. :biggthump

I discussed that exact issue with Jeff last year. At about 186 lbs and my size 29 boots, he said, I will be totally fine.

just 2 cents :ices_ange

• 2 months later...