Note to New Members ×

FS: F2 196 Speedster RS w/ Tinkler $425 shipped

Guest Tiptoptune

Guest Tiptoptune

F2 196cm Speedster RS 15 meter sidecut, 19cm waist with carbon fiber Tinkler Plate installed by Tinkler. Used very little and in great shape. Base, edges and top sheet very good, one small nick on topsheet at tip. Shipping is $50 - $70 in US thus the price of $425. Very stable and predictable at speed. Email questions and for pic using the profile tab on this posting.

I'm just double checking that you said 196? I've never seen or heard of them making one that big. Biggest i've seen is the gray 186 speedster they stopped making a few years back. I've been searching for one for ages.

• 8 years later...
I have the grey 186cm. It is really a very easy ride. Especially compared to the 196cm DH board. It is a serious beast.

hi OLDSNOWBOARDS

couldn't tell by your post if you also own the 196 in addition to your grey 186. always wanted to see what a 196 looked like. could you post a photo if you actually have the 196?

i got the impression that the 196 was very rare and the people who had them loved them based on posts from bomberonline members who had 196s about 10 years ago--MACIEK and HELMET KARVLOW if i recall correctly.

Tenorman. Happy to. I know right where it is, or I will get a photo from the archives.

Keep in mind the top sheet is somewhat obscured by the plate. It is a "Bad-a$$" looking beast. :)

Back when we had DH and SG in alpine snowboarding!!

Bryan

Bryan, old buddy/main man/old pal, are you selling it? If your going to get it out and snap a pic anyway, that's how it all starts.

I won't say dibs or anything like that, of course....

Photo from today. Next to the little brother 186cm

Hi Dave, not so much. It is kinda special, with some serious history (Mike's) behind it.

Bryan [ATTACH]30455[/ATTACH]

It does look like a good time, for sure. I rode a Ross WC 190 for a few years, a few years ago, and looked at just such an F2 leaning against a wall at Copper. I got envious.

Dave, the Rossi WC 190cm is a noodle compared to this snowboard. I too road the WC 190cm for a long time. Went through a few of them. A buddy of mine calls them "Exploders". He broke so many he lost count. They have a carbon rod that can snap leaving them a noodle. I thought they were a little slow to turn at low speed, yet really nice at speed. The low nose tended to make me nervous. I never broke one although I did wear a few out.

Still have a nearly new one somewhere. There was a period here in the PNW when a fellow rider had STACKS of them.

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Dave, the Rossi WC 190cm is a noodle compared to this snowboard. I too road the WC 190cm for a long time. Went through a few of them. A buddy of mine calls them "Exploders". He broke so many he lost count. They have a carbon rod that can snap leaving them a noodle. I thought they were a little slow to turn at low speed, yet really nice at speed. The low nose tended to make me nervous. I never broke one although I did wear a few out.

Still have a nearly new one somewhere. There was a period here in the PNW when a fellow rider had STACKS of them.

my recollection of the f2's build quality and appearance is very consistent with what you state here. the Rossi under my arm did suddenly feel very thin and a lot less manly. that f2 made a huge impression on me, for sure.

that said, I did like the Rossi and despite riding it quite a bit and in highly variable conditions, it held up to all my antics. it's one of the few boards that held up well enough to sell. absolutely lethargic until a certain speed, yes. also, I think the Rossi base was exceptionally resilient in comparison to others. the day after I bought it I remember seeing a picture of a racer on one - airborne, half upside down with the front 1/3rd of the board snapped. that's when I took note of the slight nose! nice to get a clue from someone else's experience, for once. Made in Spain, if I recall correctly.