Note to New Members ×

CSF Racing Schedule Available !

bartron

Hey folks, I just noticed the CSF posted the 2007 schedule:

http://www.csf.ca/CSF_Events_20007_ver1.pdf

I already notified them about the error in the info for the Jan 13-14 event.

I suspect the 'xx' indicates there will be 2 races those days, raising the question : does that mean that a 'xxx' in the box indicates there will be 3 races or that they'll be racing nude ? :)

'later...

The Honda and Telus races are NorAms. Here are the rules: http://www.csf.ca/events/hproam.html

In the past, you only needed to have a race permit from a provincial snowboard association for the non-NorAm races. I don't know if it has to be from the association of the province in which the race is being held, since I never competed outside the province I live in.

I'm sure Rob can say more.

'later...

• 3 weeks later...

The schedule has just been updated on Oct. 25. and is now available on the CSF homepage -- click on the Canadian Open logo on the lower right-hand corner of the CSF homepage or click here

Mont Blanc is on the schedule for a PGS race. I guess they'll be using run #30 on the north mountain. But I seem to remember it being a little too narrow at the bottom -- the same problem they have at Avila. I guess they'll do like what they did at Avila: make the last several gates practically straight.

'later...

Not quite familar with all Mont Blanc trails, but last year, I raced a GS from SNQ ( provincial circuit ) on "Renard" trail, which I believe is the #18. Mont Blanc team is trying to put together an alpine team, a third one in Quebec with Tremblant and Ste-Anne. The SNQ race was fun with some competitors from Ontario as well.

Seb

I have competed in a bunch of Honda events the are great races. As a US rider you need a FIS card. It used to be You had to register through USSA. They count in the race to the cup series and pull al the fast guys in North America out of the woodwork. Also the past few years the US FIS National Championships and the CSF championships are the same event giving the top riders from each country a chance to have at. Bummer is Jasey Jay sits out a bunch of races and that keeps the point value lower then if he entered since he usally has the most FIS point in Canada. But I always feel he would give his team mates a chance to stack points and start better at World Cups if he entered.