Note to New Members ×

Buck Hill Improvements

Speedzilla

The new Quad is almost completed. They installed the chairs yesterday. I believe that most of the dirt work is done, just a few finishing touches remain. They will be running pipe for snowmaking and getting all the automated snow guns in place this month.

The new terrain will will be great!

A few pics from last week: http://www.buckhill.com/winter/expansion.shtml

The new lift will provide access to nearly the entire hill. There is a new run that wraps around the back of the hill to get over to the "Teacher's Pet" area. "Sleepy Hollow" will now be a nice carving run, especially since you can actually ride the lift to the top of the run from the new lift, instead of bombing the last half of the run to get back to the lift.

The terrain park (if you're into that kinda thing) will be scha-weeet. Much steeper than last year.

They also changed a bunch of run names this year :rolleyes:

Yeah! I was out to Buck for the Ski/Board Swap and noticed the nice new lift towers were installed, but from the lodge couldn't appreciate much of what was going on at the top or around back - Thanks for link to pics!

The new lift servicing the South Side and Park will be a wonderful improvement, and bet it will really thin down the other lift line.. Ahhhh.

I think we are going to get snow this week.

~Karl

• 2 weeks later...