Note to New Members ×

ak rider - help me out - Loveland?

kathy brower

ak rider ..nice turns - that was a sweet video from 9-23 ... I was green with envy ...the snow looked better than Killington's last day May 1st

Can you give me the inside scoop on Loveland? Has all that beautiful snow melted? It looks like they are intermittently making snow from their website but that they are geting alot of melting too. :( Any word on opening day? I got cheap tickets ($190!!! from NH) to come out Oct 16th to 20th hoping to be there for opening day but I think I can change the tickets if it isn't looking good.

Thanks for the info

Kathy

Hey Kathy...

From what I hear loveland and A-Basin are trying to open for the weekend of the 20th with a bunch of man made...but it's tenative. (fingers crossed)

I just moved out here last year from Nashua...drop me a line when you get to town, I may be heading up for some turns too.

Rusty

we did get the dreaded indian summer after the storm, but it's still cold enough at night to blow snow. Rusty's right about oct 20 as a projected date for a-basin. i heard loveland is trying for oct 15, but i'd say oct 20 is prob more realistic. early season is great because it's usually locals and not crowded. for some reason a lot of people dont like early season. but the snow stays relatively nice. a good mix of man-made and natural. completely opposite from east coast early season man-made.