Note to New Members ×

Thermoflex vs. Intuition shape

zoltan

I'd had the oppertunity to try a molded Thermoflex liner back to back with a molded Intuition liner, both in the same size, and both the latest generation. My observations:

- The Thermoflex has a softer, fabric feel to it.

- The Inutition liner felt stiffer and had what looked like stiffening panels on the front of the shins.

- The Intuition had a more complicated folding system over the shin and was direction specific.

- The Intuition had much more room over the forefoot, so much that it wasn't even touching the top of my foot at all. The Thermoflex, however, had a nice, snug fit. I have a medium height arch.

- The Thermoflex has a neoprene toe panel while the Intuition is the same material as the rest of the boot. I think the neoprene allows more room for the toes.

- I have narrower feet with a skinny heel, and the Thermoflex provided a much better fit for me.

To be honest, I don't know. I broke my right foot in '90 in a rock climbing fall. My foot changed shape as it healed and the arch on that foot is higher than the other foot. As a result, cork insoles are an absolute must. I also have problems with pressure on the top of that foot. My ski boots had to be blown out a little to accomodate it.

I was going to have my Raichle snowboard boots blown out (SB 225) but the Intuition liners fixed the fit problem. They're great.

In addition, the liners were over 15oz lighter (each) than the ones that came in the boots (not thermals). The weight savings is really nice for reducing fatigue.

Bottom line is to get what fits you best.

shapiro...did you ever try thermoflex though?

Ive tried both. Intuition also seemed to take up a fair bit more volume than the thermoflex.

the current thermoflex with the neoprene toe = BAD idea. I was told they may reintroduce the moldable toe this year.

Intuition liner is called the Power Wrap or something, and I think it does have reinforcements at the back of the liner. Thermoflex is now called "Speed" liner.

their site is horrible.

always has been.

the only model they show now is the Power Wrap. Couldnt scroll to find "alpine?"

distro is Sun Valley Ski Tools, but they only sell to shops. Oh...I think theres a retailer in Santa Monica but he wanted like $180? screw that! :)

Edit. I found the alpine. another site flaw. Why would you have someone have to FIND a product like that.

then when one clicks on ANY of the models you get the same "Intuition supplies liners for ThirtyTwo"

totally irrelevant, and no product specific info! If you are in contact with them you should let them know this!