Note to New Members ×

How does Burton classify their boot size?

yamifumi

Just a general question, I found old Buron Furnace and dont remember what size I bought in. One Burton Furnace that is for sale on classified section has 25.5-27 shell?? what does that mean? I remember buying it in 27 but I am not sure how Burton classifies their size. Please let me know how burton classify their boots size??

yamifumi,

What that person has done is look at the inside of the cuff of that boot and seen "25.5 - 27" which is NOT the size of the boot. This is just the size cuff they used on this boot. It could be a 25, 26, or a 27 as far as the actual size (lower shell) of the boot.

These number are the Mondo size of the boot or rather your foot length in centimeters. Go here: http://www.bomberonline.com/store/policies/gear_manuals.cfm

to get more info on this.

Have the person selling these either pull the liner out and read that as they typically have the size on them. Or have them read the sole length that should be stamped on the side of the boot (down by the sole). Then you'll have to find out what size this relates too.

Good luck!