Note to New Members ×

Seabright bindings?

Guest vigilante76

Guest vigilante76

Heya! I'm new around here... been watching for over a year but never posted... anyway, I've got a question for you...My friend gave me his old Freesurf Mustang (150cm!!) board w/ seabright bindings... I'm 183cm and 180lbs. Worst boarding day ever... I dont want to abandon the idea of carving so I just bought a F2 Speedster...but I'm wondering if the Seabright bindings would be any good on this? Or if they're good at all? I'm a student so I don't really wanna shell out more money. Let me know what you think...

Seabright was a french company that was the big competition to Emery in the early 90's.. There was a model for skwal and one for snowboard. They were often used by Freesurf for rental packs. In Hard Attack, seabright provided the bindings for Antonin...he apparently did not suffer from broken bails, but i wouldn't use them bindings today for carving...steel of bails is too weak.

but i wouldn't use them bindings today for carving...steel of bails is too weak.

Hey Vigilante76, listen to the wise man:) Moreover, seabright is just old!

I used seabright bindings for many years on my Lacroix (bought in 94) with Raichles 121 until one day, 10 years later, one clip of the front bail broke in my hands...maybe it's things that can just happen but still, I think that with years the plastic may have become weaker. Hopefully didn't happen when riding nor in the middle of nowhere :eek:

ps: however, I really like the little frog and have enjoyed for many years using those bindings...but it's not the topic today!:o