Note to New Members ×

Prior WCR 175

Mr. T

Used Prior WCR 175, 19.5 waist, circca 01/02. The board is in great shape and probably has 40 days on it. It has been well ridden and maintained, frequently waxed and edge tuned. Base has never been base ground and could probably use one, I just don't trust anyone to do a grind nearby. Measurements are identical to current wcr 175 specs ( www. priorsnowboards.com ). Only issues are a small bit of lifted top sheet on the nose, aprox 1/2", from running into stubbies, which has been solid since it was repaired and a small rough spot on one of the edges which a base grind would erase. Neither are major, just want to be upfront. All in all a great board which will not dissapoint. I tried previously to post pics but they were too big so please email me and I will get full board and edge/ nose pics to you. Asking $300.00 O.B.O Email me at tomlapinskiAThotmailDOTcom with questions or for pics. Cheers!!! Tom

O.K. got some good ones of the nose. It was harder than I thought it would be to get representative pics. Damadge was to the top sheet, abs and edge are fine. Top sheet lifted in little short strips, and a small corner of one strip was broken off and is visible in the pics but was filled in with epoxy and has been solid since. I could not really get a good picture of the edge before my camera ran out of juice. The damadge is really pretty minimal, it's to the right side edge, I guess I would call it a scrape across the edge at an angle, maybe an inch long. The base edge and sidewall are all sound and otherwise undamadged. The rest of the board has wear consistent with normal use, binding scuff, a few lift line dents and scuffs, but nothing major. Again please email me with any questions or for more pics. :biggthump Thanks for looking! tom

post-549-141842219602_thumb.jpg

post-549-141842219603_thumb.jpg

post-549-141842219605_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Shipping from US to Canada, the US shipper doesn't pay any duty?

Yes, it IS more expensive to ship from USA to Canada. Dozens of shipments have made this very apparent to me.

This is a total bargain folks. A high end board in a popular mid size?

Looks like the market has fallen apart for alpine equipment?

Seller, wait a month if you can. This is nearing a "Give Away" price.

Tom , do you know the SCR ? That might help to push a buyer over the edge? Probably 11-12M in there somewhere?

Bryan

Bryan:

The shipper never pays duty, only the receiver. You probably know that but I don't want anyone to misunderstand. Because I rely on you wealthy American capitalists to send me new boards. Shipping is what - 25% more maybe (by USPS)? And is usually picked up by the buyer. Only extra step is filling out the little blue Customs form which takes 1 minute.

Correct. Importer pays the Duty.

However, anytime you ship outside the US , you take additional risks. Collection takes more time. The shipment itself can be delayed substantially. Fraud prosecution is nearly impossible.

The little extra form often means an extra trip to the Post office to stand in a line for 20 minutes plus gas and drive time. As much as I love to deal with Canadians (very good track record of honesty and excellent follow up) I do find it is allot more time consuming and costly. IMO

Often it takes numerous emails simply to explain these subjects and payment options. The "International Money Order" issue. Making sure it is written to a US bank etc. etc. Tracking and or tracing when things go wrong are either non existant or poor. Insurance is also more complex. FYI.

Doesn't mean it isn't worth while. It just helps knowing as much as possible about the pit falls going in.

Bryan, I'm going to counter because I don't want to hinder cross-border trade. I buy and sell from and to Americans equally and I find it no hassle at all. Plus, we want to keep those Coiler and Prior boards flowing south and vice versa for the Doneks, right?

First of all, regarding payment, I use PayPal. Takes the International Money Order issue out of the game. And even if a m.o. is required, international ones are just as easy to buy as domestic.

Insurance is also a non-issue. I've made claims on both domestic and international shipments and they take the same amount of time and work - which is to say, they are both a hassle and take a lot of time.

Fraud? Not really a problem if you're trading on Bomber. On eBay, I go by seller and buyer ratings and communication and I'm not going to rely on the legal system to protect me. That's a long and ardous process in any situation and rarely worth the hassle unless we are talking about big ticket items like cars or art. On eBay, I've only been hosed once in 100s of transactions and I wasn't about to call the cops for a $25 item.

I'm not sure how it happens in the US but I take my snowboard, all packaged up nice and secure using D-Sub's excellent FAQ, to the Post Office, I stand in line (usually zero lines at my P.O.). Nice lady weighs my package, quotes me a price, they slap on a stamp, and adios. If it's going to the States, I fill out a little form that takes 1 minute. I'm willing to give up the 1 minute to encourage international trade.

Now, I'll admit the shipping takes up to 2 weeks instead of the 3-5 days domestically. But, since the money is already in the hands of the seller, it's simply the patience of the buyer that is tested.

We've taken this thread off track enough. Sorry about that.

I'll add to the comments about this board - great deal for a fine, fine ride. Someone in Canada bring it back home.

Board is on hold for Justin from Winterpark! :D The interested Canadian party actually ended up finding a board locally.

No sweat on the discussion guys, no need to delete anything Bryan, thanks for helping bring up issues and nuances of international shipping. Seems like the discussion should be stickied somehow in another thread as this is a grey area for lots of peeps interested in shipping to Canada etal. I have to admit my international shipping experience has been limited to bike parts on ebay, USPS and paypal with no difficulties, just a bit more paperwork, trust and communication between the parties. Cheers! tom

I ship music gear internationally regularly. I charge most buyers the 3% for domestic and 4% for international paypal. Ive shipped hundreds, maybe even close to 1000 packages internationally, and literally thousands domestically...its just not that big a deal, but yes, it DOES cost more, and does take a little more time.

B's on a rant!