Note to New Members ×

Making a single position SB lean adjuster into a 5 position

Corey

I recently bought a set of Raichle SB123's used from someone in the Bomber classifieds and wanted a larger range of adjustment than the single position lean adjusters offered. I took off the lean adjuster to see how it worked. I quickly realized that this wouldn't be hard to convert these at all, if you had access to a milling machine to keep the holes in line.

All you have do is drill four more holes, each 0.290" away from it's neighbour. I used a 15/64" drill bit and used a dremel-type tool to slightly enlarge the holes to work. If you have letter-drills, you may be able to find an exact size, but I did not.

This works like a charm! The holes almost exactly span the 15 mm of adjustment range (up and down) built into the mechanism.

I wouldn't try this with a hand drill or even a drill press unless you are a good machinist! The holes are very close together, it would be easy to blow through to the next hole and wreck the adjuster!

I've attached a sketch if you have a friendly machinist that will do this for you. If you have to pay, it'll probably be cheaper just to buy them from Bomber.

post-476-141842196628_thumb.jpg