Note to New Members ×

Northeast USA kicks ass

willywhit

we went to see Rob Zombie/Godsmack last night at the Tweaker Center, both these Massachusetts natives tore the roof off. http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=156505

Northeast USA kicks ass !

New Hampshire rocks with Soulfly 9/28 here: http://www.marksshowplace.com/

http://www.hippopress.com/music/marksshowplace05217.html

post-123-141842219215_thumb.jpg

They'll be in ABQ in a couple weeks. How was Shinedown? I saw Zombie last year at Ozzfest and I'm not a huge Godsmack fan so I'm kinda torn. The price is right though at ~20 bucks a ticket. I recently saw Stone Sour, Korn, and the Deftones and it was awesome!

Megadeath is coming here in about a week with one of my long time favorite bands, Overkill.

Gotta love the venue here too:

JournalPavilion.gif

Temps have been in the 60's and 70's as well but the rain could make it not as fun.

Nice...they'll be in ABQ the next day! :)

Lee give me the dirt on the concert...specifically want to know when Overkill plays. Thanks in advance.

copy that. im still waiting ont he guy's decision whether he'll go or not. cuz i dont want to purchase the extra ticket if he's not gonna go.

How was Shinedown? I saw Zombie last year at Ozzfest and I'm not a huge Godsmack fan so I'm kinda torn.

We missed Shinedown and half of Rob Zombie but I've seen the Foxy Foxy show before.

Godsmack was so psyched to play to the hometown crowd. Sully touted the Patriots upcoming season, LOBSTA and his sister Elizabeth who I've met before. We had Corp Box seats, really close, you could feel the heat every time they fired the propane cannons. :flamethro

Last night, I got a last minute call to see the the Flaming Lips.Free ticket, comp'd and I really don't know the band other than "Vaseline/She Don’t Use Jelly".

MAN, these guys go OFF ! Total geek rock but I just couldn't stop smiling.Huge ballons bouncing AROUND and confetti blasting.

post-123-141842219225_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842219226_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842219227_thumb.jpg

I was at the Tweeter a few years ago. I was like 1 week away from being 25 years old, and the NAZI's at teh beer booth wouldn't sell me any cause I was "out of state".... umm heloooo I'm over 21 !!!!!!

apparently you have to be 25 if out of state..... Well *** me ! I'm 24 and 360 days !

gah. Saw Fleetwood Mac. was OK, but overall was not impressed with the ampetheatre.

JONES BEACH NY... now THAT is a theatre !

Dave,

that's why we call it the Tweaker Center. The Corp Box seats we had came with a waitress. I'm 41 and had ID but Sully, my buddy- not the lead singer from Godsmack, is like 37 and his Neurologist DR. girlfriend is way over 30 and the little waitress chick gave them a really hard time about not having IDs (left in the car)At 7.50 a pop for a 12 oz IPA urine sample, c'mon. a round was like $25 for 3 beers and a "tip".

I used to usher at the Orpheum in Boston for over 10 years and it just got to the point where it wasn't fun anymore. Saw 100's of shows but the staff slowly changed to tweakers and I couldn't stand how they treated people.

Concerts ain't what they used to be.

We still ROCK ON tho, despite the TWEAKERS

post-123-141842219486_thumb.gif

Haha. I thought this was going to be a "North East carvers are better carvers than the rest of the world" thread. :lurk:

Gosh, I haven't been to a good concert in years...I think the last one was an Aerosmith concert at the old Boston Garden on New Years Eve around '93 or so.

Prior to that I saw Metallica, Steve Miller, Suicidal Tendencies, etc at Great Woods (Now Tweeter Center) and G'n'R and the Mighty Bostones at the Garden.

Nice...they'll be in ABQ the next day! :)

Lee give me the dirt on the concert...specifically want to know when Overkill plays. Thanks in advance.

hmm, apparently overkill was jammin before i got there -- i managed to watch archenemy, lamb of god and megadeth. archenemy, ive never heard 'em, tho ive seen their slogans here and there. i mostly jammed to lamb of god, and my neck's awfully sore. megadeth's ok-ok, imo.

speaking of overkill, the only song i have from 'em is "f--k you" on my mp3 player. no wonder there were bunch of people wearing overkill shirt. wish i pay attention to your post a bit more before i left to the concert. so, my biggest guess is overkill's one of the show opener ?? the show starts "officially" at 6 pm here, even tho the ticket booth/line opens up at 430. i heard somebody jammin as i was going to will call ticket booth. so... maybe that one is overkill? have fun!!!