Note to New Members ×

From the Las Vegas trade show . . .

Pat Donnelly

Adult-themed snowboards

Sex can sell almost anything, including snowboards. Sims will debut a snowboard next year featuring adult film stars Jenna Jameson and Briana Banks, sitting together in a suggestive position.

The company made a similar board last season and was surprised by the response.

"We sold out our entire stock, and everyone still wants one," said Travis Wood, director of marketing for Sims. "It's our most popular board now."

Sims plans to produce the boards in full-scale this fall.

The company also will debut a line of "vice" designs, playing off the theme of "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll."

Helmet speakers

Helmet-maker Giro will introduce speakers that can be fitted into helmets, making it easier to talk on cell phones and listen to music on the slopes.

When connected to a cell phone, a tone sounds to signal an incoming call. Users simply press the talk button on their phones and begin speaking. The device includes a cord with volume control and a small speaker in which to talk, like those used in hands-free cell- phone devices.

Called Tune-Ups 2, the speakers work with most cell phones and such devices as MP3 and CD players.

Giro, which last year released music-only speakers, said early interest has been high.

• Cost: Tune-Ups 2 will cost about $60, or around $155 and up for helmets already equipped with the technology.

• Web site: giro.com

Originally posted by Pat Donnelly

Adult-themed snowboards

Sex can sell almost anything, including snowboards. Sims will debut a snowboard next year featuring adult film stars Jenna Jameson and Briana Banks, sitting together in a suggestive position.

The company made a similar board last season and was surprised by the response.

"We sold out our entire stock, and everyone still wants one," said Travis Wood, director of marketing for Sims. "It's our most popular board now."

Oh, for the love of all that is good and holy... :(

A friend of mine rented a board once, and it was white, with a rectangular photograph right between the bindings, of 4 drunk frat guys drinking beer.

They don't put pictures of naked chicks or drunk guys on skiis... stuff like this makes me embarrassed that I have two feet strapped onto the same plank.

Where can I find this Travis Wood guy? I've been trying to warranty my delammed T. Sims 169 for WAY too long. Sims used to have great customer service but they've changed owners and thier"vision" so many times I almost gave up. BTW, keep your eye out for an upcoming raceboard with some XXX rated graphics, if you don't dig it , put stickers over it. ;)

Guest woodman

If you really think about the shape of an Alpine board..... :confused: there could be a real marketing idea for getting more ladies involved in the sport.......:eek: Maybe I could make my own and call them "Big Woodie Alpine Boards".....:D Slogans could include "Ride that big stick all the way to the bottom" or "My Woodie goes deeper" Whatdaya think?

Paul