Note to New Members ×

Enough already.....

skatha

For the uninformed, Houston was founded in 1836 by two brothers, the Allens, who boated up Galveston Bay into Buffalo Bayou and started a docking and shipping company....

Houston is a swamp.....it's average rainfall is the same as Seattle and, occasionally, it floods, especially if we get more than 1 inch of rain (clay soils don't absorb that much water)...

All four networks have pre-empted their usual program because, yet again, it has flooded in Houston....

And now CNN has joined in the fray....

The govt spent multiple billions after Houston flooded with T.S. Allison dumped 38 inches of rain in 2001.....and now it flooded again....

Is it just me, or are people getting more desperate for "news", even if it's mindless drivel?

Is it just me, or are people getting more desperate for "news", even if it's mindless drivel?

My friends and I are hoping to make the news tonight. We were partaking in all sorts of chicken-based debotchery on our way to the state park. Basically, we threw little pieces of chicken at things and people while were were driving. Well, the driver wasn't, but the rest of us were. Oh, it was cooked so as to not spread that crazy italian guy.

________

Mercedes-benz w113

Oh man! I forgot that my girlfriend and I made the news when we had some flooding...ok, alot of flooding up here. We kayaked on the town golf course and we got put on tv for "making the best of the floods". Now thats good reporting!

There's 2 country clubs near my house-they had security working to keep the courses clear even as most everybody was evacuating for Rita last year...

I'm sure kayaking on the course would be punishable by death...

If you can't get a story from looking out your office window, it must not be news. Back home in anchorage, snowstorms would frequently be the top news story of the night-even though it snows and is cold and icy for like 9 months a year. But floods and muffy the wonder dog get way better ratings than real news :D

The best thing about tv news-I've now heard anchors in both AK and CO pronounce Worcester wrong, unless you guys over there decided to start pronouncing it War,chest,er....

If you can't get a story from looking out your office window, it must not be news. Back home in anchorage, snowstorms would frequently be the top news story of the night-even though it snows and is cold and icy for like 9 months a year. But floods and muffy the wonder dog get way better ratings than real news :D

The best thing about tv news-I've now heard anchors in both AK and CO pronounce Worcester wrong, unless you guys over there decided to start pronouncing it War,chest,er....

Ya, Ya....

try

"Bexar"

"Mexia"

"Refugio"

Answers

"Bexar"=bear, county in which the city of San Antonio resides

"Mexia"= ma-HAY-a, little town outside Waco (WAY-co)

"Refugio"= re-FYOR-ee-o, little town outside Palacios