Note to New Members ×

Hardshell board case - Where to get one?

snow|3oarder

Google for stores. I ordered mine from somewhere in the USA - Colorado I think. You can get them from UK shops too these days. Mine carts 3 boards plus bindings (proper gear, not soft stuff) happily.

I used to use the "burton wheely" cases, but it got to the point where they wouldn't last even one season (I have to fly to ride..). My sport tube must be 4 or 5 years old and it's going strong. The corners got stuffed in a bit, but it's fine.

Dump the lock or the TSA people will chop it. You can replace it with a little pin with a circlip (I tape a spare to the inside of the handle because I'm paranoid).

The major disadvantage is that the baggage handlers generally put it at the bottom, because it's obviously stronger than those softie bags. Oh, plus watch out for the new baggage regulations - BA at least is cranking the single-item maximum weight down to 23kgs. That's ok for three boards, some titanium bindings and a few clothes, but not a lot more.