Note to New Members ×

Orthotics ??????????

Deadshred

Hey, was wondering if anyone had any info on an orthitics company called"Surefoot". They have a shop at so many big resort ares. I'm not sure if getting a good foot bed is worth it. will spend the money it a minute if I can be sure that I will notice a difference. Please anything + or - .

I used to think footbeds were for picky whiners who were never happy with their boots. Now I consider them manditory equipment, and kick myself for not having bought them years sooner. Just make sure that they offer real support. They should be firm and not flexible under the heel and arch.

Guest Randy S.

I had my footbeds made by Surefoot in Squaw Valley. They did a great job. They also had the Raichle oven so they baked my liners and custom fit them for me as well. The great thing is once they make you footbeds, they'll do any other necessary customization for your boots to make them fit right. I've added padding around the lower leg and a little to help keep my heel down as the liner has packed out a bit. Also, if you are traveling and need work done, any Surefoot can do the work (same deal, no charges for tweaking your boots).

I even just had them make footbeds for my son. He's 9. Their deal is once you pay them for footbeds once, they'll remake them every year until the kids foot stops growing. I figured it was worth it given that offer.

I like mine better than the old 2-piece cork beds I had before. Surefoot's hold up well to being removed regularly from your liners.

Where else can I ask a question as remote as this one, and get experienced feedback? This is such a great tool especially for THIS sport where alot technically happens when you crank out a carve. This message board is invaluable!!! Thanks I'm going to get fitted on Thursday.

Guest Randy S.

Something tells me the NYC store doesn't work quite like the resort stores, but here's a tip. When I had my boots fitted and footbeds made, I paid for the footbeds, but they baked my liners in exchange for a six-pack. In most ski resorts green bottles or other green stuff works wonders as a payment tool.

They have a store up at Killington. You might want to plan your next riding weekend there. That way if you are having problems on Saturday, you can stop there afterwards and get your boots tweaked.

I am A very happy, long term sufefoot rider. They not only make sure your boots fit right, they dont stop trying until you are happy.

Also since they are a nation-wide store if you are having a problem on vacation any store will do work on your boots if there is a sure foot insole in them( or even just a sticker). I have walked into unfamilair stores with broken boots and was treated just like family.

Randy is of course right about the service for a service trade! Some times a good Six pack(or product) is not only a great tip, for great bootfitting, but a better way for them to remember you.