Note to New Members ×

question about short boards

Guest kennyusmc

Guest kennyusmc

I have a question about short boards.. I am looking for something for very short radius turns durring the spring conditions in tahoe.

I am 200lbs, a decent rider... not looking for laying it down just a quick snappy board that is really manueverable.

For some reason some people here cant get beyond the fact that short boards can be useful (its not the size that matters... its how you use it!:p ) seriously though, a shorter board is an excellent addition to a quiver. the FP would be a great choice. if you need a long-lasting short board, the Pogo Hardcore 156 would be perfect as well. Quite possibly the shortest alpine for adult males, with the bomber construction pogo is known for. if thats too short, the overdose 162 would work too.

If you want a board ASAP, try reposting in the classifieds section.

MADD 158 in almost all conditions, I like it best in icy stuff. If super slush,then I ride something longer. I have a Pogo Overdose coming soon and I'll let you know how that runs next year.

THe MADD 158 took me to the next level.

I also weigh about 210 lbs.

Guest kennyusmc

I have a prior atv 167 right now.

But I was wondering if a factory prime 164 since the waist is much more narrow would be able manuverable and be able to ride the spring slush and the bumps and crud you get this late in the season .

I loved testing the little Cocoon Lotus 158. It's scr is longer than typical slalom board, and flex is on AM side. Waist is 19.3cm, like modern race boards. These specs make her very versatile. Review is here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=10795

And you can have it, if you wanted it bad enough ;)