Note to New Members ×

gilson snowboards

west carven

Hey,

I actually have 3 Gilsons and think that they are awesome.  I know that many guys who soft boot feel very strongly against them, and they give the company and boards little to no respect.  I on the other hand find them to be great, and I have 2 all mountain boards, and a featherlite.  With the soft edge that all the boards have it's very similar to our hardboots.  I find that when you are carving with them they make you commit to the turn, and they will grab very well when they are up on edge.  The other thing with these boards is that they have a raised center (either channel, or whole) which allows you to be able to ride flat without catching an edge.  When you get a board from them they are very responsive, and involved in the process of helping you decide what you want and what will work best for you.  they have awesome graphics, and all of the boards that I have custom graphics.  Also, when they send your board it arrives in less than 2 weeks from purchase, comes with a wood piece from the core that is signed by the builder with a cool little note. The dudes also give you a super nice wooden snowboard rack that is on their site for 80.00 for free.  I really like these boards, and company and think that I will continue to get boards from them in the future.  

Duffy

Demoed a couple at Ski Roundtop a couple years ago. The boards looked very cool but the weird recesses edge design didn’t suit me. I found that it required more angulation to get an edge engaged than a regular edge would require. I think it might be handy for cheating landings off of park features but that’s not what I’m all about.

• Like 1