Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe Boot Issue - Watch Out!

MNSurfer

I've been riding brand-new (from YYZ) Track 700's for this season. Compared to my older 700's, always thought these felt a little mushy. I just ignored it, as I'm using these with new F2's, on a new board, this season.

Whilst riding the local bump, yesterday, I took a little digger. My back is a little sore, and my bell definitely got rung (thank god for Helmets!). Nothing a little ibuprofen can't fix; Could have been worse. So after getting to the car, I noticed my left (front) boot had a 'rattle' coming from the angle/walk mechanism. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the upper pin that goes though the shell, and through the top of the mechanism, never actually went through the lever! There is no way for the pin to "pop out"; It must go through two molded holes in the shell, and two in the mechanism. This entire time it must have just been simple pressure keeping this in-place.

Anyway, I'm not saying that this is what caused my spill (I sort of suck), but I'm sure it didn't help. So if you have new Deeluxe boots, you may want to check and ensure the top pin is indeed going through the walk mechanism.

Cheers!

-Brian