Note to New Members ×

Requesting info on Squaw and Alpine Meadows please

breeseomatic

I have a Mountain Collective pass and I'm looking to come to Squaw/Alpine in mid April to finish out my season.  What areas of the mountain are decent for carving?  I will be riding with my girlfriend who is a novice+ skidder and does pretty well on wide open trails with little traffic, so please take that into consideration.  In Aspen, she had no problems with blue runs, If she can slide her turns and I can carve them on the same run, we'll be happy.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Brees

I live at Squaw.  Squaw is crowded period...and a zoo on  the weekends.  The mountain will probably stay open until April 22 but had posted to close the 15 of April.  Alpine Meadows usually stays open  a week or two longer.....just depends on weather.  The 6ft we got over the weekend will probaly carry us through to at least April 22 maybe May1st

They are fun Mtns. and  there are runs  that are good for carving.....but their grooming is questionable.

I would recommend Sugarbowl, Northstar, Kirkwood, Heavenly over Squaw and Alpine   Less crowded and much better grooming.

Give it a go for a day at each each and then try the other resorts.

If you want detailed carving runs at each mountain go to: alpinecarving.com/resorts  Have fun!