Note to New Members ×

Whistler

Guest astan100

Guest astan100

I'll be at Whistler from Apr 7th-Apr 12th...any recommendations for boards to bring?

I was thinking of bringing a powder board (if I can find one to buy around here) with my soft boots and probably my donek axis..

Thoughts?

I am on my first day back at work after a 22 day in a row stretch @ W/B.

Spent most of those days on my 179 4x4 and on the new stiffened 171 atv,

Still potential for some spring powder, think last years month of winter snow mid march to mid april.

We have been getting small amounts 3-6cms daily the past week, judge board choice accordingly.

As an aside check out W/Bs plans for next year, a chair going up piccolo.

I will be in whistler April 07 to around the 20th, watch for the orange helmet.

Dave*

Guest astan100

Hey man,

I'm at whistler now, but I don't think I'm goign to use the alpine board. honestly, it's so mushy that you bury the nose when you carve on a lot of trails.

I think I'm going to stick with my freestyle board. Maybe one day I'll spend the first few hours on the Axis and switch to the freestyle by the end of the day.

Either way, this place is amazing!

-Allen

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be at Whistler from Apr 7th-Apr 12th...any recommendations for boards to bring?

I was thinking of bringing a powder board (if I can find one to buy around here) with my soft boots and probably my donek axis..

Thoughts?

Stick to a freestyle board right now. typical spring conditions, about 15C or 60 degrees in the village and close to 4C on the mountain.