Note to New Members ×

F2 softboot intecs?

kjl

A few questions:

1) Is this binding/boot system as awesome and snow/clogproof as its hardboot counterpart?

2) Do they still make these boots and bindings?

3) Where can I buy them?

Somebody during the SES told me F2 made a softboot intec binding/boot, and I found it in their 2004-5 catalog, but not their 2005-2006 one. The boot has an integrated intec cable - cool! See http://www.f2snow.com/2004_5/english/produkte/bindings/joint_hbx/joint_hbx.html and http://www.f2snow.com/2004_5/english/produkte/boots/thunder/thunder.html

bild.jpg

bild.jpg

hmmm....:)

the receiver looks like it is teflon coated like the plates. cant see why it wouldnt be.

BUT...the rest of the binding...theres a lot of surface there, not counting the bottom of the boot so "clog proof" would likely be less than the plates.

dunno though. definitely a good looking setup!

they semm like intec

errr...they are intec. F2 is the manufacturer/designer of the intec assembly.

I dont know how they would be in pow becasue that is how i like to see how stabe the bindings are (step in) ,I dont think they would be good for pow

explain?

Sorry to say they stopped prod for this season. They work excellent for freeride - the stiffest bott Hurricane where almost as a pair of le mans and very comfy. Base of binding cracked if you rode them really hard - BX, jumps. But for carving and pow they are super. Boots where well made. And yes it´s the intec-system owned and made by F2.

I just got me a Tanker 200 and my Hurricanes with HBX bindings will be the setup.

Check european web shops like blue tomato if best chance of finding.