Note to New Members ×

Cops Chase Jeremy Nobis

Sinecure

Bummer....Was he partying w/Bordy and the PC crew?

Cops chase driver

Ex-Olympian captured after police pursue him through Park Meadows

Jay Hamburger OF THE RECORD STAFF

Park City police officers arrested a famous skier on Sunday after a car chase through Park Meadows that the police say reached speeds as fast as 50 mph.

The man's attorney disputes the department's report and instead claims that police officers were rough with his client when he was arrested.

Lt. Rick Ryan said Jeremy Nobis, 35, was drunk when he led the police on the 20-minute chase starting about 1:40 a.m. on March 12.

Ryan said an officer noticed Nobis driving erratically at the intersection of Park Avenue and Deer Valley Drive. He was following another driver too closely and was ignoring lanes, Ryan said.

An officer tried to stop Nobis, who pulled into the parking lot at the Park Avenue Albertsons and slowed down before accelerating and then fishtailing the 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche he was driving, Ryan said.

He sped out of the parking lot onto Homestake Road and headed toward Park Meadows, traveling on Kearns Boulevard, Monitor Road, Lucky John Drive, Little Kate Road and Racquet Club Drive, Ryan said.

Nobis struck a tree on the side of the road on Racquet Club Drive, regained control of the Avalanche, returned to Little Kate Road and collided with a police officer's SUV at the intersection of Little Rate Road and Lucky John Drive, Ryan said. He said the driver side of the Avalanche struck the front fender of the passenger side of the police vehicle.

Nobis tried to run away but the police caught him within a few seconds, Ryan said.

Five officers were involved in the chase, Ryan said.

The police charged Nobis with driving under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving and evading the police.

Ryan said Nobis was alone in the SUV and no injuries were reported.

Ryan said the chase was smart because there was less of a chance that bystanders or other drivers being injured because of the time.

"The officers felt that continuing the pursuit at that time, the safety factor to the citizens and the community was not jeopardized," Ryan said.

He could not recall a similar police pursuit in recent years.

Ned Stone, the lawyer representing Nobis, said his client will plead not guilty to the charges. He claims that there are "significant discrepancies" between the police report and what Nobis says happened.

Stone said, for instance, that Nobis claims not to have reached 50 mph.

During the arrest, Stone said, Nobis struck his head on the ground several times. He said the police had "thrown (him) to the ground."

"I think they used more force than necessary," Stone said.

Nobis lives in Salt Lake City and was in Park City to attend a fundraiser, Stone said. Stone declined to make Nobis available for an interview.

Nobis competed in the 1992 and 1994 Winter Olympics, the U.S. Ski Team said. On its World Wide Web site, Teton Gravity Research, which makes extreme sports movies, said Nobis spent eight years on the Ski Team, was a U.S. champion in 1994 and placed ninth in the giant slalom in the Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway, in 1994.

He likes "skiing fast (super G style) down big Alaskan peaks," the Web site said.

http://www.parkrecord.com/todaysheadlines/ci_3614019

:nono:

I partied with Jeremy and Micah Black a few years ago and those guys can go pretty hard. I've still got the Sessions jacket they both signed at the TGR screening before all hell broke loose.As far as runnin' from Johnny Law, I learned that lesson waaaay back.I got two choices y'all pull over the car or (hmmm)

Bounce on the devil put the pedal to the floor

Now i ain't tryin' to see no highway chase with Jay.

Plus i got a few dollars i can fight the case

So i...pull over to the side of the road

I heard "Son do you know why i'm stoppin' you for?"

Cause i'm young and i'm black and my hats real low

Do i look like a mind reader sir, i don't know

Am i under arrest or should i guess some mo'?

"Well you was doin fifty-five in a fifty-fo' "

"Liscense and registration and step out of the car"

"Are you carryin' a weapon on you i know a lot of you are"

I ain't steppin out of ****e all my papers legit

"Well, do you mind if i look round the car a little bit?"

Well my glove compartment is locked so is the trunk in the back

And i know my rights so you gon' need a warrant for that

"Aren't you sharp as a tack, you some type of lawyer or something'?" :nono:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49401&page=10&highlight=nobis To anyone who thinks you can't get away from police in a car chase, should talk to some of the people I grew up with and did get awayQUOTE]

I did once in Syracuse. two cop cars, and two civilians were chasing me and a friend in a Dodge D50 (four banger-two wheel drive). They tried to box me in on the highway, I did a CRAZY-ass left hand lane change/severe braking just as we were passing an off ramp. I swerved hard right and made the exit, they were going too fast (60 or so). We drove deep into a neighborhood I knew...I found a pretty crowded parking lot, shut off the lights, and just sat tight. They drove right by us 20 minutes or so later, so me and my buddy sat in the truck and drank the six pack that we had 'stolen' from a grocery store...It was after 12:00, so they wouldn't sell it to us. We had no plan to do this, but for some reason, we both had the same idea at the same time....I threw a $10:00 bill on the register, and we both bolted out the door with the sixer of St. Pauli. Two guys from the store tried chasing us, then the cops found us all on the highway speeding...that is when I threw out the Starsky and Hutch clutch move. Totally got away with it.

Good god, that was so stupid, fun, exhilerating, and crazy....ahh, to be 20 again!