Note to New Members ×

Soft boot step in opinions

DiveBomber

Hey guys, Im looking for opinions on soft boot step ins. I currently ride vans boots with switch N-type (no high back)

I dont like the burton step ins or the Shimano/K2 ones

I like the switch system but im looking for better boots, I have the top of the line Vans (but vans stop making switch about a year ago) I just can seem to get the boo to hold my heel. After a couple hours of riding, I can move my heels up and down by pushing on my toes. and i cant tighten the ankle ratchet strap any further.

anyway, I really dont want to go back to straps

you are more of less stuck than with what you have if you insist on Switch. My general impression was that Switch boots offered fewer options if you wanted stiffer type SI's. I used them once and they are fine, but K2 def had more boot options. Flow is another option and really the only viable one since SI's development has all but ceased

switch is the way to go I have seen several uses of the x type with a booster style strap mounted high on the back. like the old burton bindings with the third strap. It is ridden as an option. ie you can bend over and strap it up if you are gonna rip or leave it unhhoked if you want the flexibility. there were several stiff boots made the names of which escape me but I will check into it. which model do you currently have? also are they really your size. that setup requires a tight boot and preferably the intuition moldable liners molded with your toes raised for more heel cup.another victim of economics. the best stuff goes away because it costs more to make. I liked snowboarding better before the masses discovered it. try a cant plate on the rear to it might help.

I have the highest?stiffest one the made last year, black and grey model, not sure of the model name, its and N-type, i prefer the stand alone set up.

i know head, rossingnol, O-sin and a couple others have made step ins.

1 I like to be able to click into them while on the lift so i dont have to stop

2 good snow evacuation.

Well i dont think think they made them in 12.5 so i got 13's, they seem to fit OK length wise, but throughout the day I have to tighten them down again several times.

these boots have an internal ankle strap but i cant seem to get it tight enough and it always twists.