Note to New Members ×

F2 SL 158 - how's she ride?

skategoat

I got a little carried away at a fundraiser for AOS (Assocation of Ontario Snowboarder) and bought an F2 SL 158. I thought it might be a good board for the kid but when I got a hold of it, I realized it's too stiff. I'm thinking it might be a good ice board in the mould of a Madd 158 or I could use it as a tight radius freecarver. Anyone ride one of these? Will a 190 pounder over-power it? Should I keep it in plastic and save it for the kid (he's only 110 pounds)?

Hi,

My 15 year old brother rides an F2 Speedster Slalom 158. If I remember correctly he's 130-140 pounds. Definately a good board though, but you should bring quite some experience, power and active riding to get the good things out of it. Here in Holland many kids ride the F2 Speedster, but some of them might be better of with a less stiff board. I like the board's edge grip, but think it is a little bit nervous - it wants to turn all the time. For you the 163 version might have been better, regarding your weight, but I don't know your riding. Just give it a try and see if you like it, or start feeding your kid and put him into the gym to workout! :D

The length is typical for an adult slalom board, so it could give you loads of fun! I (~170 pounds) did not ride the 158 myself, but tested an 163. As said before it is a good board, has a very quick and powerful rebound, rapid edge transfer and its weight is much less than my Tomahawk's. However I would like it to be a little more stable.

I hope this helps!

Erwin