Note to New Members ×

New to Carving...How is Nidecker Tracer?

Guest nucarver

Guest nucarver

I have just started to get into Carving... I tried my first alpine/hardboot setup last weekend and now I'm hooked.

I have been riding freeride/freestyle snowboards for 20 years now, but no carving. My first experience was on a Santa Cruz 156 with Bomber TD1 bindings...I loved it!:1luvu:

I went online and found a Nidecker Tracer 158 for LOW $$$...still new, never used. I am wondering if anyone knows anything at all about this board. Is it a decent beginner carving board? Any idea what year it may be? I can not find any information on this board anywhere online. I should have it in hand either tomorrow or by early next week.

Please let me know if you have any information at all on this model board. Also, I am looking for good beginner hardboot bindings and boots. I need wear a size 8.5, so I think that I need medium bindings and size 26.5 boots. Anyone got some equipment like this for sale....let me know. Thanks.

Chris

P.S. I am about 5'8" and I weight 175 (in case there is any opinion on the size of the board I just bought).

Guest Marilyn Cambers

size 8.5 shoe - are you a guy or a girl? I think I may have boots -- I believe they are 26.5, but will know for sure tomorrow night. They are burton shadows (gray and a bit of yellow on the writing) - I only wore them a few times last year and they were toooo big.

Will keep ya posted!

Marilyn

Guest nucarver

A guy....with very small feet. It is great for snowboarding though. I can buy nice narrow boards without any concern of toe drag. I actually own an Option Trinity womens board in my quiver and it rocks. Probably the coolest womens graphics on a snowboard EVER....

Let me know on the boots. Sounds like they could be a match:)