Note to New Members ×

First ride - Madd 170 PTC tune

B18C1

I woke up this morning, looked out the window : A blue sky, not even a cloud around. The perfect day to try my new toy ! -18*celcius seemed kind of cold but it wasn't so bad after all. I was anxious about going from a 57/54 degrees setup to 69/66 (The board is so narrow!)... It took a few ride to get used to the angle and then, I saw the light : The board has so much potential, the edge hold is AMAZING.:1luvu:

I also realised that the board has a great flex, I only weight ~140lbs/ 5"8 and the 170 cm feels perfect. My old KR-56 was way stiffer and I had a hard time flexing it even though it was only 156cm.

We were four hardbooters at st-bruno this morning, so we all ride went to ride togheter from 10am to 3pm. We practiced mostly areal carving and I have to say the Madd was really good at it because of the flexibility.

Unfortunatly, the day did not end as expected... As I was going down a slope, I was still practicing jumping from edge to edge, and suddently, in the fourth turn, I jumped a little higher than usual. I changed edge and as I was going back down, my nose got stuck in the snow and *BANG*...

I'm sitting in the snow, my leg hurts badly, and my thumb too... So I manage to get to the side of the track not to block it... Now there's only one thing in my mind :: "Did I break something??"..! So the guys I was with came to me, asked if I was alright. I then tried moving my leg and yes, it moved :D but it hurts..I managed to get down the hill while someone was carrying my board and went directly to the medic.. Results : One sprained thumb. He couldnt tell about the leg (It's nothing serious) so he told me to put ice on it and if it still hurts a few days, I should see a doc. Normally, I should be able to ride next weekend (wich is great) depending on my leg's condition. For a second, I thought my season was over:freak3: . Hopefully, the board is still in perfect shape:p.

Anyways, I'm really happy about the madd, I like the lenght since it's really stable even at high speeds and it turns on a dime because of the flexibility. The best of both worlds. I recommend it even though it's only the third alpine board I've ever tried .:biggthump -Jules

Good to hear it wan't anything serious. At least you can still ride with a sprained thumb. I was able to ride with a fractured rib a few years ago. In fact, snowboarding was just about the ONLY thing I could do with that fractured rib. :) Seriously, it was.

It's the small stuff you have to worry about: putting your board away, getting on and off the chair, adjusting your equipment, etc.

Hope it heals quickly.

'later...