Note to New Members ×

burton earth freecarve boots in great shape sell or trade

Dr D

the shells say 27.5-29 someone has written 9.5 on the soles they are in fantastic shape but my wide feet aren't fitting into them so back up on the board they go. they have minor scuff marks mostly in the bail area but are otherwise in very nice condition. $50 plus shipping takes em or trade for something bigger. I wear a 10.5 way wide shoe I measure a 27.5 mondo

advice would be apreciated.

try to find yourself a pair of Head, and get some thermoflex moldables, OR raichle with TF and take them to a shop to have them stretched.

you definitely want to buy your mondo size.

oh, the liners on your Earths should have a size. that is the actual size.

you could have the shells stretched, too. Do you have a bootfitter near you? If so, its not a huge undertaking usually. find one and ask them.

moldable liners allow you to fit into a smaller profile sometimes since the liner can squeeze tighter, but if the shell is simply too narrow, youll need to get it stretched

I am trying to survive the season on the cheap and use the time to figure out what I really need so I can gear up properly for next season. I am 6"3"and 265 not overweight just big. I get the impression that I need a long stiff board and similiar boots and bindings. I enjoy the sloppy old f2 bindings that I have that flex alot. but I have concerns about blowing one out. I rode some cateks yesterday that had no give at all and that just made my old junker boots feel like they weren't on my feet half the time. the stiff board did its thing and I did mine and we didn't necessarily agree. I cranked the boots down until they bled and I could control it but it wasn't fun. I am way behind the curve here. ten years ago I was on an m6 assym with the old rail flexiplate bindings and rear entry skiboots. now I am back and the sport has evolved past me so its difficult to tell if I just suck or if I am fighting my gear.

gosh, man....at 265 even the earth might be a bit too soft for ya.

just keep in mind that the more effort and money you spend trying to save money and effort, the worse it works out in the end.

theres a pair of Raichle AF700 on ebay right now, mondo 27 with thermoflex liners which means theyll fit a 27.5 too, and you could have those stretched a bit up there at Big Mt.