Note to New Members ×

Riding at Mountain Creek? conditions report

jtslalom

I will be riding at Mountain Creek on Saturday morning. I will stay at south and Bear peaks for a while and then head up to Vernon peak when Zero-G opens. I will be riding my RT or soft setup. Hope to see some other carvers out there ,maybe even Eric J or Sic t 2. I will be at South at 8:00 A.M. Look for orange bottoms and red top.

Mountain Creek has been blowing snow for the last couple of days. The conditions have improved tremendously. I was out last night and conditions were pretty soft. The base is not to deep though and I definately felt some rocks and dirt. Leave your good boards at home until after the storm Saturday night. By the beginning of next week, the conditions should be excellent. There are a feew slopes that have not been open this year. They include mostly diamonds: Jumping jack, Devils Bit (the old grand prix), Pipe Line, and Red Tail. With exception to Red Tail, I doubt the others will be open for the rest of this year because they pulled the hoses off the blower pipes that supply water on these trails.