Note to New Members ×

history of alpine snowboarding

snowboardfast

Is anyone in our little world of hardbooting writing a book about the evolution of alpine snowboarding?Ithink it would be cool If someone could acurately chronicle when hard boot riding started. I remember starting about 1988 or 89 with a Burton Safari and alpina cool cat boots with variplate bindings. i went to the Bomber museum and remember all of the plate bindings that were displayed. It would be fun to know exactly when they were built. I have been around long enough to see the sport evolve from the begining but I don't have enough info to write a book. A person would have to take pictures of old equipment to put in the book . Maybe some of us that have been riding plates a long time could gather up info on the sport to do this. Maybe old snowboards.com could help as well. Maybe I could contact Avalanche, Burton and Hot for some accurate history. Any ideas? This could be put in the mueseum that Fin is putting together. Is there any displays at the smithsoneum institution? This sport was invented in the USA. there should be something written or documented about it.