Note to New Members ×

Need a help...

Guest Izik.pl

Guest Izik.pl

I need some help with collecting my equipment (i think it's normal for new carvers). I have Speedster RS and i would like to know, which boots and bindings would be the best for it. I tried to carve in normal ski boots and some bindings, that were added for free (please don't ask me about their quality), but i feel, that i could do something more with my speedster. One more question: what can i do on this board - isn't it's radius a little bit too big (14m) to do that stylish carves while lying on the ground, and can i start in some slalom competitions with this board? Please... help me...

I need some help with collecting my equipment (i think it's normal for new carvers). I have Speedster RS and i would like to know, which boots and bindings would be the best for it. I tried to carve in normal ski boots and some bindings, that were added for free (please don't ask me about their quality), but i feel, that i could do something more with my speedster. One more question: what can i do on this board - isn't it's radius a little bit too big (14m) to do that stylish carves while lying on the ground, and can i start in some slalom competitions with this board? Please... help me...

Check the technique articles on the BOL main webpage. I wouldn't be worried about "laying on the ground" carves just yet. Work your way up to that! That board might not be the most beginner friendly but you shouldn't have too many problems.

Ski boots? Terrible for just starting off. Way too stiff. Get some good used hardboots from the classifieds here or off Ebay. Don't skimp on the boots. I did when I started and I regret it big time. Comfort in your boots is a very important thing!

If you are just learning how to carve, yes, that radius is too large. Try to find something around 10-12m for learning. On the other hand, if you know how to carve you can lay out very nice low carves with any radius. It's just that the larger the radius, the faster you have to be going.

Ditto on the boots- get a pair of snowboard hardboots that fit well. you will enjoy the sport more and learn faster. Also don't skimp on bindings. Cheap ones can break I know I have broken them and won't ride anything but Cateks or Bombers. You can buy used ones on the bomber clasifieds or ebay. The bomber and Catek bindings will allow you to get set up properly with the proper angles and cants again making it eaiser and more fun to ride. Have fun!

Keep the board you already have, you can learn to lay out carves fine. It will be big for SL, but ok for G.S. Get snowboard boots, UPZ, Head, and Deelux all make boots that will perform better than a ski boot. I don't know what bindings you are on, but F2 makes a great binding, that is durable and is forgiving.