Note to New Members ×

Catek Heel Bails(wont stand up)--any advice???

sheffy

----ive got a new pair of cateks and the rear foot heel bail never stands up --gotta play with it several times every run---can i put something in there to make it stiffer and stand up???? help anyone pls!!!!!!!!!!!!! its driving me nuts...........

You might try posting this question over on the Catek site, Jeff Caron seems to monitor that board frequently, I'm sure that you would have an answer in no time if you posted this question there. This is what I did to increase the tension in the bail. Remove bail block from binding, then remove bail. clamp bail in a vise and bend the rod ends down al little bit. This will increase tension when you mount the bail block on the binding. Of course, this method works only if the rod ends of the bail are not welded,soldered together.

Same thing happened to me. Take the heel block off, and remove the heel bail. Wrap some duct tape around the pieces that sit in the heel bail, then re assemble the whole thing. Its a quick fix and only lasts a few days, but its not overly hard to do, so I keep doing it. I got fed up with it, so Im getting the step in kit.

-Justin

________

NEW JERSEY MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES