Note to New Members ×

straight outa Brooklyn

willywhit

Wavechaser and I have been talking about skating lately(due to the lack of snow) and I found this on ncdsa.Very cool concept: On November 2, 2002 *, Prospect Park, Brooklyn, NY was the venue for the first ever Red Bull Urban Waves contest, where pro and amateur skateboarders competed for the fastest time on a „banked slalom course that is 1200 feet long.

Each of the 12 banks are 21 feet long, 6 feet tall with a center point bowl angle of approximately 60 degrees, and almost 2 feet of vertical at the very top. The course will be comprised of 12 banks which will be placed intermittently along the street course, similar to a slalom ski course.

post-123-141842214579_thumb.jpg

and I believe this was a benefit race for Jay Adams last night at SkateLab in Simi Valley, Cali.....................................................Brad Edwards- Deathrace #1, Skatelab, Max Dolberg Photo. :biggthump

It may not be pure slalom, but it is Skateboard racing- with a core image and an excitment factor- This is marketable. Indoors. Fast. Exciting. and will cross over into racing skateboards down streets around cones.

McCree and I had big plans for this year that have been put on hold for now. I have had some interesting conversations with other action sports event planners and organizors who see the value in UNIQUE SKATEBOARD RACING events that are being planned by BLR and SRA.

post-123-141842214581_thumb.jpg

6 feet tall with a center point bowl angle of approximately 60 degrees, and almost 2 feet of vertical at the very top. The course will be comprised of 12 banks which will be placed intermittently along the street course, similar to a slalom ski course.

vert?

those dont look like vert, or 60* either, but it looks VERY vun!