Note to New Members ×

Sigi Grabner -more and more in the worldcup

felix

What do you think about the following statement taken from Sigi Grabner Homepage, can the Kessler dominance be broken?(knowing there are quite a lot of other SGS riders on the worldcup like Karl Benjamin.:

PGS in Kronplatz ITA

16.01.2006 - 12:36 von Sigi Grabner

A 10th place in the PGS in Italy was not really what I wanted to achieve! Although I really like the slope in Kronplatz and although the weather was fine and the snow was great, I had to let Nicolas Huet from France advance to the next heat. icon_twisted.gif

What had happened? Well, I was too direct at the 5th gate and missed it - DQU and penalty time. In the re-run I catched up more than 1,1 seconds but he made no mistake and I was edged out! This meant 10th place, and we are going to have a revenge next time! icon_wink.gif

The podium was finally "pure Swiss": Philipp Schoch, Simon Schoch, Marc Iselin and Gilles Jaquet.

I feel however very positive about two things

- that Marion Kreiner on SG SNOWBOARDS had a good performance and ended 6th!

- that both Simone Salvati and Roland Fischnaller on SG SNOWBOARDS have fixed their Olympic Qualification and are ready for TORINO 2006!

I will have some days of riding in Italy and then we will go ahead for the next stop in Nendaz, Switzerland next Sunday!

CU there!

Hey, I don't compete (anymore - did some Fis stuff and Austrian EC some years ago). The whole statement is from Sigi. - I better format it (though like 3-4 years ago I was in the same team as Karl Benjamin as we both live in Lower Austria but already by then I had no chance against him if he didn't crash)

However I think I will give Sigis boards a try in Februar (they can be tested for free in Turrach - Austria). I just thought it's interesting that a new brand enters the worldcup. AFAIK they are produced at Elan but developed by Sigi Grabner only