Note to New Members ×

NASTAR Nationals revisited.....

patmoore

Last April we had a very lively discussion about the pros and cons of competing at the NASTAR Nationals. The biggest gripe was the lack of snowboard specific gates. I can't promise that anything will change this year but I do know that circumstances will improve if we participate in bigger numbers. There's no question that this venue can't compete with USASA Champonships in its present form but it's a fun trip nonetheless.

Scheduled for Steamboat March 23-26, the Nationals is an experience I keep returning to. The last two years at Park City were a blast and I expect this year to be the same.

If your home mountain has a NASTAR course, register and make a few runs. Most of the folks on this forum will have no difficulty qualifying.

I've already bought my plane ticket. Plan on joining me out there and I'll try to hook up with you at some New England USASA events this winter.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just finalized my plans to go to Steamboat. I know for sure my dad will also be there to give Pat some competition in the "old guy" class, heheheh, just kidding guys. Also looks like there is a decent chance of at least 3 more guys from my team going out as well. I hope to see a bunch of Boarders there this season.

Guest Ghostrider
I qaulified last season. If I don't go to collegiate nationals in Maine then I will def consider this. I was in steamboat over X mas break..loved it there. :D

TAZI! We missed you that first weekend..where were you at? you better be goin to natties!! I'll be there organizing but no racing for me. Represent the Midwest!!!

Well, I just finalized my plans to go to Steamboat. I know for sure my dad will also be there to give Pat some competition in the "old guy" class, heheheh, just kidding guys. Also looks like there is a decent chance of at least 3 more guys from my team going out as well. I hope to see a bunch of Boarders there this season.
That's great, $trider! Let's get some more signed up! :biggthump:biggthump